Shake it up on Mother’s Day
Chin! chin! It’s gin (of course) in ‘Spring Forward’, a little pick me up and knock it back for Mother’s Day, concocted for Muddy Stilettos by our resident mixologist Jake Merrick-Wren.
- 5 mint leaves
- 10ml sugar syrup (caster sugar gently dissolved in hot water at a ratio of 1:1 ratio sugar to water and left to cool)
- 12.5ml St Germain (an elderflower liqueur)
- 12.5ml lillet blanc ( a French aperitif wine)
- 25ml fresh lime
- 40 ml of London dry gin ( Jake used E18hteen gin, a new Somerset gin made with apple botanicals)
- Add mint leaves and sugar syrup to a shaker.
- Lightly muddle (squish the leaves) to release the aromas.
- Add all other ingredients and shake over ice.
- Because he’s a pro, Jake serves his in a a pre-chilled metal julep tin over crushed ice but a chilled tumbler will do – and then garnish with a mint bouquet.
- Hand it over to your Mum – or keep it all to yourself.